Thread: 4m.net

Default 4m.net

My filter says that it been hacked as has viruses on it, so I would stay away until it's fixed.

Just a warning, I will post when it gets fixed and is OK to view.

Still doing research:

info:

What is the current listing status for 4m.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 8 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-10-21.

Malicious software includes 5 exploit(s), 3 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including okstat.cu.cc/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including 97.74.118.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, 4m.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 10-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Here is what my computer tech said:

4m.net is not really infected, but been hacked/compromised to serve up malware and Trojans (drive-bys) to visitors or redirect the visitor to sites where they (hackers) can install stuff via operating systems vulnerabilities. Looks like this isn't the first time for them either. In any case here is a site you can use to view web page content without getting infected or crap installed via compromised websites.

http://www.domaintools.com/seo-browser/

It simple acts as a middle man to fetch the text and display it to you. There will be no videos or graphics.

That forum is a mess. This is the 2nd time this year they have had something like this happen.

It seems to be fixed as off now! I'm not an computer expert, so tread at you own expense there.

Later

This computer is WIN7 and running Microsoft Essentials. I just went there and did not get any warnings at this time either. But like Billet says................................