Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4m.net...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4m.net...

Default 4m.net...

For some reason or another, I received an email from the guy that runs 4M.net tonight (a PR) notifying everyone that they have shut the site down to repair it because it was 'hacked' into. I don't know if this is true or not since I haven't been on 4M since last August (because they don't value their 'customers').

Anyway, if I remember correctly, wasn't that bastard of a new forum supposed to be "much more secure" and prevent that sort of thing from happening? Maybe I am delusional on that, but I could swear that was one of their main reasons for going to that B'O'S of a message board format.

Anyone been there lately that can verify that deal? I am just curious...

RB

I wouldn't read any email that comes from 4m.net, if what they say is true it was hacked into and set up to send out emails with a virus. Better virus scan your computer!

Becareful opening any emails from 4m or something like that.

I would also guess that when they come back online on the 16th that it is a new style (or perhaps back to vbulletin) of board as the old one is a POS like you said.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 02-14-2007 at 03:30 AM.

4M.net site compromised, set for Re-Launch this week

On Friday, February 9, 2007 the popular dirt late model message board community, 4M.net, was “hacked” and taken under control by an outsider. During this attack the perpetrator used the 4M server to send out malicious emails attached with a “trogan” virus. This compromised the ability for users to access the site because of the massive bandwidth that was used to send out the potentially hazardous emails.

As of Tuesday, February 13, 2007 the site was taken down and quarantined. All of the user data was safe and was not harmed. Unfortunately, because of the potential for more attacks we have decided it in the best interest of the site and its users that we switch servers and “re-launch” 4m.net. Work is underway to process this task around the clock and should be complete by Friday, February 16, 2007. It is very possible that the site will “resolve” to the new server sooner for some users.

4M.net, Arizona Sport Shirts, and Atomic XR, Inc. are very disappointed that the site was compromised and offer our sincere apologies to our community members. 4M.net will be back soon with increased security, a new look, and the same great racing news and discussion all members have come to expect since 1996.

With Regards,

4M.net

Yelp all those new secure features...was da bomb....Now its gong to be more..I wonder if were gonna have to fill out a application any time we want to long on, it just wasn't secure enough logging in each time..LOL

Smile

You can always stop by VIRGINIA RACERS to get the latest news and more! We think of ourselves as the the lil' country store of dirt racin! No waiting in line and a nice laid back enviroment. We have the latest dirt news and some neat stuff from Michelle Petroff! Let us hear your views on our popular "Question of the Week" series. No need to register or log in to reply to the "Question of the Week". We have a tech section and a classified section as well. Stop on by and kick your boots off and stay a while!
    http://www.varacers.proboards28.com

I know either way i won't be going back to 4m no matter what they do.

FWIW, i'm not going to plug my website here either.

Talking

FWIW, i'm not going to plug my website here either.

Now that's funny

Just took my first look at Va racers...why is it going off line this weekend?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bizkit View Post
    Just took my first look at Va racers...why is it going off line this weekend?
    VIRGINIA RACERS was originally started by a couple of racers with the intention of promoting and introducing Virginia dirt track racing to more racers and fans.
    Since then our guys have become more involved in their racing activities which in turn left little time to give to the site. And with racing season just about to start in our area they have decided to put all their available time in their racing. Which in turn leaves only me to gather news and information to post on the site?
    We have a lot of viewers but very few posters. If more fans were involved it could very well run itself.

Thanks,
    Lisa Meadows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast