Thread: Stock bellhousing Bert Trans

Default Stock bellhousing Bert Trans

I have been running a stock aluminum bellhousing with the big hole in it. I just slid my bert in the coupler and snugged the bolts very lightly and then turned the motor oover and then tightened the bolts tight. What kind of trouble am I asking for????? I just figured since there was not a clutch on the flywheel that it should align itself O.K. Am I stupid for this???? Don't answer that!!!!!! LOL Am I asking for trouble??????

Have a ring made the right thickness to put in the hole and accept your tranny. I used to have about 100 of those and sold them over the years. You are definitely asking for trouble! My rings had a slight interference fit with the bellhousing. I put locite on them when I pushed them in.

I don't know how much power your running, but i would really look at getting a good bert, quartermaster or brinn bellhousing as well. The safety factor for handling the power and vibration is much better than a stock piece...and you won't be packing the bell housing with dirt. I won't mention what kind of things happen when you drop a trans because the bell housing broke.

I have been running a crate motor!! We are building a Ford Motor now and I have the Bert bell for it so I should be O.K. for next year.

I have used them up to 630 Hp with no trouble. I would definitely use it with a crate. You can save some weight.