Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 blue rocket chassis measurement help

Default when i get back

I'll be back to the shop sunday afternoon and I'll check for ya.

The bottom of the RF rail if I remember correctly is 1.25" or 1.5" higher at the mid plate (where it bends down and back to the rear) than the LF rail. On a 2008 car, BOTH rails will be the same height from the upper a-arm towers forward to the bumper spuds. Frame rail size (2", 1.75", or 1.5") makes no difference to this as the outsides and bottoms of the frame rails are in the same spot regardless of the frame rail size.

NOTE; the new blue cars have the RF rail from the a-arms forward raised 3/4" heigher for tie rod clearance.

RB

A guy sent me a PM and said he had talked to Rocket and the height of the upper right rail is 7 inches at the bottom to the jig. Does that sound correct. I ran a straight edge off of my left rail forward and measured up to the frame at the a frame towers and it was closer to 8 inches. Since the right rail is raised I cant check that side until I put it on a jig of some sort.

I called rocket today and they told me the left rail is 1/2 lower . That would make it 6.5 inches. I ran a long piece of tubing against the bottom left rail on mine and it extended forward to just under the upper a arm mounts and measured from the bottom of the rail to the top of the tubing I ran. It measured closer to 8 inches when eyeing it up. If the 6.5 measurement is correct Ill have to have it fixed. Unless of course they didnt understand what I was looking for when I called. If anyone can run some type of straight edge on theirs and get a measurement I would be grateful since Im not sure where the nearest dealer with a jig would be.

Sorry for asking for so much but I know of no Rockets close to me to measure up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12