Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 Rocket Blue/Grey

Default 09 Rocket Blue/Grey

Could someone tell me the differnce on the new 09 cars compared to the
    06 or 07 Blue front end cars? Pros and cons! Thanks

On our new car, the uppers have two holes, a set lower on the left and a set higher on the right. On the right front you can move the whole suspension out 1". They added a couple of extra bracing bars. They also came out with new 4-link brackets. They have 1/2" holes that are close together and they also corrected the geometery on the left side and no more 18" left lower holes.

Where are the extra bracing bars located?

thanks

I just looked at an 09 blue front car and there are a few differences compared to our 08 blue front car... Like was previously mentioned there is an extra set of upper control arm mounting holes on both sides. They also significantly braced the rear of the car. I'm not sure if this is as a result of the car I looked at being a 1.75" car or if it is standard. This car did still have the LR lower long bar mount and the bolt on short mount. The battery was also mounted 90 degrees from where it is on our 08.The RF does appear to be move further out as well. Those are the only differences I noticed in the short time I had to look at the car.

There was a brace that runs from bar under the front of the decking where the oil cooler mounts diagonally to the RF. Both sides have bolt in underrails along with more bracing. My car has two sets of holes to move the right front out. The new 4-link mounts have Rocket cut out in them. These were on Josh's and Francis' cars, so maybe something that isn't sold to everyone yet.

What is the difrerence Between the blue spindles or the grey spindles ?
    Thanks

The grey spindles have a longer steering arm. All of the new spindles from rocket will be grey but will be slotted/ have a shorter hole for the blue length arm.

Will the longer steering arm let it roll on to the right front more for better control thru the middle? Thanks Just trying to understand the difference.

From what I understand all the longer steering arm does is slow the final ratio of the steering. Billet or some of the other more intelligent guys may have other reasons for doing this though?

It mostly effects the effective speed of the rack! if the rack is turn right so it travels 1" right at the inner tie rod then: A short arm may turn 10 degrees where a longer arm spindle will turn 15 degrees (numbers pulled out of thin air not real).

However it will effect the Ackerman if the rack is not moved, more angle in the tie rods as the run from the rack to the spindle generally adds more Ackerman.

Longer arms will also minimize bumpsteer as compared to a shorter arm (all things the same).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast