Thread: 2003 american made - ride heights?

Default 2003 american made - ride heights?

Can't find anything on these American made. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the ride heights are supposed to be and where to measure them on the chassis? Also what springs should I be running? Thanks for any help! Chassis number is 486 if that helps.

look up dirt late model driver Curtis Roberts... last i knew he had the jig for those cars.. he is in michigan.. or Denny Felker in springfield missouri area, he was the originator of those cars

I have a 03 as well, here's what the paperwork i have says. LF-2 5/8, RF-2 7/8, RR-5 3/4. measure front ride heights between lower control arm and frame rail. measure rear ride height between axle tube and frame rail. left rear ride height depends on the amount of bite. Springs i run are LF-500 , RF-550 , LR-225 or 250, 250 will get you off the bars, RR- 225. 5th arm is 400. all this is really close to GRT set ups.

Honestly get rid of it. You wont win with a car that old. If you just wanna get laps it ok to start but good luck finding parts. Get a rocket or anything thats popular in your area.